Wednesday, December 9, 2009

so what does it all mean?

so what do these dispositions even mean? Can they be taught? I think that dispositions can be taught, through experience. I feel that the more you utilize the desired characteristics the more natural they will become. If you are open to change and trying new things you are capable of learning these dispositions.

But I do feel that there are some dispositions that can't be taught. For example, if you are extremely intelligent but don't particularly like children - you shouldn't be a teacher, no ifs ands or buts. Teaching is not the profession for you.

I also think you can learn a lot from watching other great teachers. Witnessing the skill in someone else makes it easier to understand and also apply to your own life. Personally, I am willing to try new ideas, and also utilize ideas from other teachers in order to become a better teacher myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment