Friday, October 2, 2009

passionnnn

"Education is not the filling of the bucket, but the lighting of the fire" - W.B. Yeats

The most passionate teacher I have ever had was my Junior biology teacher. Her name was Mrs. Raasch and I was in love with her. She knew so much about the subject and was always very enthusiastic. She also was always willing to answer questions because she understand that biology wasn't the easiest subject for everyone to understand.

Science is not my subject and I was very nervous to take enriched biology but Mrs. Raasch made me want to learn. She made biology interesting because she was so enthusiastic. She would stand on chairs, or jump around the room because she would get so excited about something silly like mitochondria.

Mrs. Raasch focused more on getting her students interested in the subject, rather than getting a good grade. But by doing this, she indirectly encouraged us to learn more because she made the subject so enticing.

No comments:

Post a Comment